CPU Governor abandoned
This is a screenlet for GNOME and XFCE desktop environments. The screenlet is designed to be a graphical frontend for the command line tools cpufreq.
I wrote this back in 2009, but abandoned the project rather quickly as newer Ubuntu releases contained something similar.
- Display current status (cpufreq governor, CPU speed).
- Change the cpufreq governor.
- Change limits for CPU speed.
Known Bugs and TODO
- Automatic switching of the governor when plugging in or out of the power supply.
- Reshape code to a nicer form.
- Sometimes the cpufreq governor is changed without user request.
- Calling cpufreq does not work using "subprocess.Popen"; instead the older "os.popen" had to be used.
Be careful, this screenlet is still a alpha version. Use on your own risk., when you download it.